Nominating someone abroad

For nominees living outside the Kingdom of the Netherlands, you can submit a nomination for a royal decoration to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Lintjesregen 2021 in de Filipijnen
Royal decoration is awarded to Dr. Mary Ann Pelagio Sayoc in april 2021 by the Dutch ambassador to the Philippines.

Your nomination may also be submitted via the Dutch ambassador in the nominee’s country of residence. The minister will forward the nomination to the Civil Honours Council. From that point onwards, the procedure is identical to that for nominees living in the Netherlands. 

The decision on submitting a nomination to His Majesty the King will be made by the Minister of Foreign Affairs. 

Please contact the Protocol and Host Country Affairs Department if you have any questions: